What is Centennial Care?
New Mexico’s state Medicaid program was renamed Centennial care in January of 2014. Centennial Care or Centennial Self-Directed, is long-term program that provides services to assist the elderly to remain at home.
Who is the Centennial program for?
Centennial self-directed program is specifically designed for the elderly in New Mexico. If you would like to know if you are eligible for Centennial Care, we would be glad to assist you. Contact us here.
What types of services does Centennial Care offer?
The Centennial self-directed program offers services such as respite care, adult personal care services. Help with daily tasks and duties such as: meals, hygiene, help getting around the house etc.
Self-Directed Program Information
What is a Self-Directed Program?
Is the New Mexico Self-Directed Medicaid Program that supports New Mexicans with intellectual or physical disabilities in building their own lives.
Self-Direction Program invites you to be an active participant in deciding how to live your life your way bu choosing where and how you live and what services and supports you buy. These may be new services, or services you now receive through your current program,. With Self-Directed, you will have more choice, more control, more flexibility and more freedom.
How do Self-Directed Programs work?
- You find out what your Medicaid level of care budget is.
- You create your own individualized services.
- You decide how to spend your budget.
- You hire, train and manage your own services and supports workers, or purchase goods, working with a Consultant in this process.
- A Financial Agent issues payments for your approved services and supports.
Who is Eligible?
New Mexico residents who are eligible to receive long-term services through one of the two Medicaid waiver programs
- Developmental Disabilities (D&D)
- Medically Fragile (MF)